Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Oh, hey there

So, I want to blog again. And I couldn't think of how to jump back into it until I came across a blog every day in May challenge from Story of my Life.

Nothin' like jumping in with both feet, right?

The challenge for the first day is to write your life story in 250 words or less.

Well, I don't want to write my life story so I'm going to condense what's been going on with me the last 8 months or so in the next paragraph.

It seemed like a lot of things happened at the same time. My grandma died, we took a stressful road trip to Utah for her funeral, and my doctor took me off of my thyroid medication all at the same time. Oh, and my baby was only two months old. By the way. I was extremely anxious during our trip and even after we returned home I could not let go of my anxiety. It was paralyzing. I could hardly leave the house and even having people over to our place would make me so stressed I thought I was going to throw up. After some blood tests and a few doctors visits we decided I had some postpartum depression as well as hashimoto's disease. All of this contributed to my mental state and it has been a slow process trying to get my thyroid medication right and see if there is anything I can take (while nursing) to ease my anxiety.

But things are getting better. The depression has all but disappeared, the anxiety is becoming less frequent, I'm starting to feel like I can do the things I love again, and actually enjoy them instead of inwardly freaking out. Sometimes :) It's a process, but there you have it.

So. What's new with you?

P.S. Here's my kids. They've gotten bigger since I last blogged.

9 comments:

  1. Yay! I missed your blogging, and was starting to think you had started another one that I hadn't been invited to! I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety, but glad that it is getting better. Seriously, as women could we deal with anything else?! Sheesh. Your children are adorable! Love seeing their pictures on FB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish all it had been was a new blog!

      Delete
  2. That is a lot to deal with. I'm so glad you are feeling better! Remember, lots of people love you and the kids. And oh such cute kids! Every time I see Pheobe I just wanna kiss those cheeks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is pretty special huh? :)

      Delete
  3. Your kids are so precious, and so lucky that you are their mom. Glad to hear you are figuring things out for your health. Dang...being a mom (maybe a woman in general) can be so hard sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes it can be! Good thing we're all in this together and can help each other out.

      Delete
  4. It took a lot of courage to share that imho - thank you. The years I was a stay at home mom were the hardest on me psychologically, I struggled with a lot of depression. I guess I just need a job to be happy (epic fail on the Molly Mormon front!). You're so great Mari.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you were/are having a rough time! I know how that goes! I started doing the blog every day in May thing, too, but only made it through the first couple days, too. Bah! Oh, well, Super excited for you and how far you've made it in Blog Wars! Have a sunny day! :)

    ReplyDelete