Tuesday, June 9, 2009

So...


Tyson and I had our first birthing class today.
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just kidding, it wasn't so bad. It just made me doubly sure that I DON'T want a mirror anywhere near me while laboring (nothing like watching yourself poo) and Tyson sure that we shouldn't have to pay someone to catch our baby. Looked easy enough to him.

Right.

Anywho, part of me feels like it's too early to take a birthing class but the website recommended that I register around 26 weeks and seein' as I'm 25 weeks now I guess it's as good a time as any. Plus it will give Tyson more time to practice those massage techniques.

:)

Well, I haven't been keeping ya'll up to date very well on our last few excursions so I thought I would do a quick recap. Our computer scrolls through pictures randomly when I click on this thing and do something else and click and... so anyway I thought I would pick the first five that came up from the last couple weeks and tell you about them.

Sound fun?
Awesome.

Ooh, now this is a nice one. Tyson was feeling artistic as we flew kites on the beach during our babymoon so he captured this shot of me. It was very windy there. And cold. And windy.
Huh, lucky you. This is the most lame and least cool shot that I got of the tide pools we found by our hotel. At the time I was fascinated at the sheer number of mussels (?) on the rocks. Tyson and I felt so bad every time we had to jump to a rock and heard shells crunching under our feet. Sorry little mussels!
This one was taken during our most recent bike trip on Saturday. It was very mossy and darker than this picture would let you believe. We also saw pretty much no humans on this ride which led Tyson and me to conclude that:
a. Vampires live here
b. A bear would probably eat us before we made it back to the car.
c. Moss is creepy.
p.s. I probably wouldn't have been so smiley had I noticed the horse poop before I put my foot in it.
Here's one of Tyson on that same creepy bike trip. You can see in the background how dark the woods really were {shiver}. One good thing about this trip that I neglected to mention was that it was downhill both ways. I kid you not. Weirdest trail ever.
Here's another one at the tide pools. Another lame-o one of the pools but a cute one of me don't you think?
Well, that was a successful picture adventure. Not a lot of variety but none of me looking fat or possessed by the red eye monster. Score!
Til next time,
Mari

8 comments:

  1. Hip hip hooray! You posted! I love hearing about your little life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on having no mirrors. I was shocked when the doctor asked me if I wanted mirrors, well actually disgusted. Besides I was too busy focusing on pushing and throwing up. Labor is so lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trip--spooky or not.
    Keep posting, we love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birthing classes...already? (I don't know what I'm doing!) Amen to the mirror thing. No chance on that one for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I actually had a mirror. Wasn't as horrible as you might think. My only advice is: GET AN EPIDURAL!! So worth dealing with a huge needle in your back. Sorry, don't mean to scare you, it's not that big. And the whole 'paying someone to catch your baby' thing, I agree. If it weren't for the epidural I'd probably have home births and have Sterling deliver them. He's an EMT, he knows how.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're so good to go do a birthing class. brandon and i decided that we didn't want to know. :) we figured that baby would get out one way or another, and thankfully he did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mari, I've been thinking about you since you live in Vancouver and my life has slowed down a bit. We should plan a walk or something. I'm excited to see that you're pregnant. I love, LOVE my little one! I'm curious to know where you guys decided to live. Mike and I are looking for a place to rent in the next month. His parents get back from their mission mid July. I still have my Utah number 801.369.3205

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trip looked great! I love how many things you and Tyson do together. Also, you are such a great writer-reading your blog is a treat!

    ReplyDelete